Looking for a new knife for everyday carry?
Well Blackfire’s Spring-Assisted Open Pocket Knife is a great match.
I got a chance to test this tough knife and here is how well it performed.
I was on the hunt for an all purpose pocket knife. It needed to hold a very sharp edge, lock back for safety, and be built very durable. My friends over at Blackfire had the perfect tool for the job. Let’s first take a look at the great features offered by Blackfire’s Spring-Assisted Open Pocket Knife.
- BLADE: Pocket knife has 440A stainless steel 3.5″, versatile drop point blade knife with both a fine and serrated edge, Rockwell hardness 53-58
- LOCK: Liner lock keeps the knife open
- SPRING ASSIST: Spring-loaded opening mechanism enables quick, easy deployment of the blade
- CARRY: Low-carry pocket clip allows the knife to sit low and out of the way
- SAFETY: Safety lock keeps knife closed when stored and lanyard hole for optional tethering to gear
- OPENING: Dual thumb studs for both left- or right-hand opening
Unpackaging the knife for the first time, I discovered it to be built extremely durable and weighs a solid 5.3 ounces. This is no flimsy knife but a very solid tool ready to deal with whatever you dish out at it. Testing the Blackfire Spring-Assisted Open Pocket Knife, it was put through both rigorous farm chores and put to use in my hunting and outdoor adventures. Note all the pocket lint and dirt that attests to the hard use during my thorough reviewing.
Do you like articles about the outdoors? You can follow him @ericthewoodsman on Twitter, The Classic Woodsman on Facebook, and @theclassicwoodsman on Instagram, The Classic Woodsman, and The Classic Woodsman YouTube Channel.