Tired of letting the mosquitoes bug you?
Well Thermacell products certainly protect you like nothing else will.
I got a chance to test out the Thermacell EX90 Rechargeable Repellent and this is how it performed.
Summer is here and the mosquitoes are in full bloom. Heading out into the wilds offers the biting hoards a smorgasbord of your blood. What has The Classic Survivalist relied on now for decades to keep them away? Well Thermacell of course! When the opportunity came up to review the new Thermacell EX90 Rechargeable Repellent I was quite excited to take it to the mosquito fight in the back 40 acres and beyond.
First of all lets take a look at the features:
- Creates a 20-foot zone of protection against mosquitoes – 80% more area than our original line.
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery – with up to 9 hours of continuous mosquito protection per charge.
- Zone Check LEDs with audio cues – never guess whether your repeller is running or not
- Rubber over-mold
- Air travel friendly
- Rubber overmold armor protection
- A quick-view window allows easy visibility of the remaining repellent
- Includes a lanyard and carabiner for versatile carry and storage options
- Independently tested and EPA reviewed for safety & effectiveness.
- 2-year warranty and backed by the Thermacell Satisfaction Guarantee. See packaging for details.
- Includes: One 9-hour rechargeable repeller, one 12-hour refill repellent cartridge, USB charging cable, and lanyard with carabiner.
First off reviewing the Thermacell EX90 Rechargeable Repellent is I really like the carabiner strap for securing to your gear. I also really appreciate the double latches that keep the top nice and secure. The robust design is meant for the great outdoors and the abuse that such environments can dish out.
The scent free refills keep the mosquitoes and even biting flies in my testing away easily. This unit after a couple minutes offers a 20 foot radius “bubble” of protection. It is always interesting to watch the swarms of biting beasts outside of the protection zone but not enter it. It’s almost like a magical spell was placed against them. I still remember my first time of using a Thermacell product and watching that in amazement.
The 9 hour charge life and the 12 hour refill offers quite a bit of time to enjoy not being eaten alive by mosquitoes. If you are camping, a recharge between uses and an extra refill will keep you bug free when you need it most. It’s also scent free if you are hunting or around others that are sensitive to smells or noxious fumes.
Testing the Thermacell EX90 Rechargeable Repellent in the most mosquito infested swampy areas I could find proved to be successful. As with all of the Thermacell products I have previously tested, I cannot say enough about the performance of them. Whether in the garden, at the cabin, or deep in the wilds during mosquito season you will not find me without a Thermacell product. Be sure to head over to the Thermacell website and see both the Thermacell EX90 Rechargeable Repellent and all of the other great bug busting products they offer. It’s your summer, take it back from the ‘skeeters now!
Do you like articles about the outdoors? You can follow him @ericthewoodsman on Twitter, The Classic Woodsman on Facebook, and @theclassicwoodsman on Instagram, The Classic Survivalist, and The Classic Woodsman YouTube Channel.
Leave a Reply