Well the Thermacell Tick Tubes are a great option for tick control.
I got a chance to try them out and this is what they’re all about.
Years back when I was a young woodsman learning all about the wilds of Ohio I did not have to worry about ticks. Mosquitoes and deer flies were my greatest enemies in the summer time. Well, it all changed a few years back when I came home from a hike and had some tick hitch hikers on my pants legs. Now the ticks are here to stay.
Enter the Thermacell Tick Tubes. These great inventions have been made with real science in mind. See larval stages of ticks just love to live on mice. Mice love cotton to line their nests with. Ticks die from Permethrin. Add Permethrin to cotton placed in cardboard tubes around your property and the mice will makes nests from the treated cotton. Ticks die. Brilliant right?
Here is what Thermacell has to say about their product:
Unlike sprays or granules, our tick tubes exclusively target ticks on mice. Our tubes work with nature and won’t harm your pets or yard. They work best in New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Northern Woods, where Lyme disease is concentrated.
- Tick Control Tubes are a no-spray, no-mess, easy way to kill deer ticks and prevent the spread of Lyme and other diseases such as babesiosis or anaplasmosis. Developed at Harvard University School of Public Health.
- 24 tubes provide advanced tick protection for up to 1 acre per application. Apply 2X per year for best results (spring and summer). Works best in New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Northern Woods, where Lyme disease is concentrated.
- Place tubes around areas that attract mice, such as rock walls, woodpiles, brush, sheds, gardens, and wooded areas. Place no more than 10 yards apart. Works with nature to reduce tick population.
- Most tick bites occur in your yard, so protect your pets and family members with Thermacell tick control that you can trust. Does not harm the environment, pets, or people.
- Backed by 1-year Thermacell Satisfaction Guarantee. See packaging for details. This 6-pack will protect a typical 1/4 acre property. Package contains: 6 Tick Control Tubes“
We place the well camouflaged Thermacell Tick Tubes per instructions around the property. We paid close attention to make sure that our heavily used areas where brush and mouse cover was thick to place tubes over the more open and less used areas. Around our little cabin yard, and around the out buildings got Thermacell Tick Tubes to combat the biting and disease carrying menaces we have found in our area. Remember to place them anywhere mice frequent.
While applying Permethrin to your clothing works to a point, eliminating the ticks before they are on you is by far the best long term plan for anywhere you frequent. We look forward to less ticks this summer and on into the future using the Thermacell Tick Tubes.
Do you like articles about the outdoors? You can follow him @ericthewoodsman on Twitter, The Classic Woodsman on Facebook, and @theclassicwoodsman on Instagram, The Classic Woodsman, and The Classic Woodsman YouTube Channel.
Leave a Reply